1. Post the rules.
2. Post 8 facts about your character.
3. Tag 8 other characters.
4. Post their names along with their creators.
tagged by Bai-Zhen Lei:
1. She was always closer to her mother than her father growing up. After her mother left, she grew a bit closer to her father, but they always remained distant. Her father ended up selling their house after her mother left, and Bai-Zhen now lives a life of constant travelling.
2. Because she travels so much, she isn't able to keep a pet. However, she adores animals, and keeps a bad full of stuffed animals with her always. If she could have any pet she wanted, she would get a panda. Giving her a stuffed animal or letting her handle your pet will gain you instant friendship points with Bai-Zhen.
3. Her mother is French, and so is her half-sister. So genetically, Bai-Zhen is French-Chinese. However, this never came up in her own upbringing, so Bai-Zhen considers herself solely Chinese.
4. Bai-Zhen was fascinated with other cultures from a young age, and has travelled to many different countries. Between various books, online courses, and friendly locals, she can speak a total of 7 languages with varying levels of fluency (Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, French, English, Portugese, Japanese, Russian). However, she struggles with things like idioms and other similar phrases (for example, she does not know how to say "red herring," or she would be confused by "it's raining cats and dogs"). She also would like to learn more languages, with German currently being at the top of the list.
5. She is aromantic, as well as a sex-repulsed asexual. Even if she were not ace/aro, she would still value platonic love above any other kind. She puts up with lewd jokes, although she finds them more annoying than funny, but assuming she has a crush on someone (especially without asking her) is a pet peeve.
6. Due to multiple important people in her life suddenly leaving in one way or another, she has some subconscious abandonment issues. The loss of another person could easily push these to the surface, at which point, she would also likely develop a guilt complex, convincing herself that since she was the common factor in people leaving, she must be responsible.
7. She is rather naive and trusting. If you told her that somebody wrote "gullible" on the ceiling, she would look. Even if you admitted to something horrible, like killing someone for purely selfish gain, she would still trust you. As such, she doesn't scare easily; instead she may feel disappointment when something bad happens, as she does not want to believe people are anything but inherently good.
8. Although her taste in entertainment usually tends to be more geared towards high fantasy, and action-packed, unrealistic plots, she also adores documentaries. Not just weird ones with alien conspiracies or anything like that, but the boring ones that you might fall asleep to in a history class at school.